
I don't know if it's the crazy marketing campain or what, but I've been dying to try KFC's new grilled chicken. It looks good in this picture right! I haven't had KFC in probably 5 years... actually 5 years exactly because the last time I had it was when I went through a week long KFC biscuit craving when I was pregnant with Hud. Anyhow, Gregor doesn't really like chicken for one, and he really doesn't like KFC chicken. So, with him out of town the kids and I decided to try it out. And.... let's just say I think that will be my last trip to KFC for awhile. My chicken was small, shrivelly, and cold. They cook it with the skin on and everything... and it's still really greasy. With all that fat I felt like I was eating, I might as well get the extra crispy which tastes WAY better than this funky chicken. I left there feeling like I had grease oozing from my pours and vowing to take a shower (and wash my purse which I had to put on the floor... yes, the whole experience was just really gross... the food, the place ... all around yuck factor). What was funny is that when we got back in the car the kids said "Wow mom, that was the best place EVER... can we go there EVERY day" Ummmm... No kids, we can't. If we do go back there (and it will be the drive-thru) I'm sticking with the extra crispy.

1 comment:
Too funny...I'll have to tell you about our recent Friendly's experience...very similar to what you rediscovered about KFC. It wasn't quite the way that we remembered it as kids!
Post a Comment