Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nesting


How does a mother pregnant with her fourth baby nest?? Well, I seem to be obsessed with creating wish list registries at Land of Nod and Amazon.com...I don't know why! I'm not having a baby shower (that only happens for your first baby), and I don't have any money to buy anything really! Yet, I have spent far, far, far too long pouring over the Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod catalogs trying to get ideas for painting the bedrooms, laying out the furniture (bunk beds or no bunk beds... we're thinking no bunks with the girls in the bedroom over the garage), Brooke's new twin bed bedding (should it match Larkin's or be different? how different?) and mattress (is there a benefit to an organic mattress? Is it wrong to get Brooke one if the other kids don't have one? Would Hudson have his allergies if his mattress was organic?... just some of the random thoughts whizzing through my head), baby girl's new bedding (although I know she doesn't really need new bedding... but I've looked at our "girl" bumper and sheets for 4 years now through Larkin and Brooke and I'm a little tired of it! I want the set pictured here), a new dresser for Larkin or Brooke (I want this one because the room over the garage doesn't have any closets). I'm obsessed. I need to stop. I wish I had a couple thousand dollars to make all the rooms feel finished, but we just don't... so for now, I'll just keep wishing and putting things on my list.
Also, why was I obsessed with finding a baby name when we didn't know the sex of the baby, but now that we do... I can't seem to pick up my baby name book. I frustrate myself sometimes!

7 comments:

Sara said...

You should keep doing the wish lists because maybe it's like "The Secret"--if you visualize it and put it out in the universe then it'll happen!

Ella Grace Campbell said...

I agree with Sara (of course- with a name like that she has to be right!). Go to www.brattdecor.com and look at the heritage crib (including the toddler conversion bed which just so happens to show the flowers on top that match your wish list at Land of Nod). I also have the same crib in the picture you have posted. Look at that- you have the beginnings of a new nursery without the cost. Keep the posts coming!

Rebecca said...

My brother who is in the mattress biz said that it depends what you mean by organic...some definitions may mean that it is just good for the environment but not necessarily better for allergies.

You may want to look into a latex mattress...I am sleeping on one right now at my bros house and I love it. Very durable, very heavy and a little more expensive.

Also, you may want to look into impermeable mattress protectors AND pillow protectors. They are marked WAY up in department stores and mattress stores, but I can get them from my bro for real cheap so lemme know! They make it so that dust mites can't get to you. We use them and love them.

Kiki said...

Thanks for the comments :)
Sarah, we'll have to talk... maybe I can come and shop at your house :)
For now, I"m going with Sara's "The Secret" plan... I keep visualizing the rooms all painted and perfect :)
Rebecca, I remember those mattress covers now! I didn't know they have pillow ones too... How much are we talking for say 3 twins and a king size matress cover with pillow covers too?? I love my latex pillow, I've had that sucker for years and I can't seem to get comfortable on anything else now. I didn't know they made that in a mattress as well... I'll look into that.
Thanks for the comments guys... I love reading the comments and knowing people are reading :)

Erin said...

Kiki,

You can get those Tyke LIghts on your LoN registry over at Wal-Mart in Waynesboro. I have seen them there in pink and in green. E

Rebecca said...

The mattress covers are $18 each no matter what size and I think the pillow protectors are $10 a pair...I will have to check on those ones.

I am making you a baby present so could you send me your address?

And also, my brother's wife is due with baby #3 in two weeks and they are super stressed because they don't have a name. It's a boy and I wanted to get your advice...any name ideas? Their other two kids are Fred and India. I have been obsessively sending them name ideas...including Hudson and Gregor, but I just wanted to get your thoughts:)

(and I am clicking the follow-up box this time so I will know if you respond via a comment on this blog:)

Kiki said...

Rebecca,
I am responding to your gmail account!