Thursday, October 22, 2009

We've been Swined!

Uggg.. the days are passing slowly in the house. After a fun filled week with my dad (aka Obbie... now known as BOB (thanks to Brooke)) we hit a wall of sick. Backtracking to our week with "BOB"... I think he had a great time meeting Brooke and seeing what wonderful kids Hudson and Larkin have turned out to be. The kids all took to Dad really quickly, and while I think it may have been exhausting being totally emerged into a house with 3.5 kids, I think my dad had a great time. Hopefully, we will see more of him in the future. I enjoyed having someone taking care of me for a little while! For now, Brooke comes down the stairs everyday wondering "Where's BOB." It really is quite cute.
Dad/Obbie/BOB left of Sunday morning just in time to avoid our quarantine. Hudson woke up sunday with a high fever and what the doctors think is the H1N1 flu... we will never know for sure though. Larkin followed with her fever on monday night, and Brooke is following suite with her high fever today. We aren't all that sick really... just fevers, coughs, and general exhaustion (plus super intense nose bleeds for Hudson). My doc put me on the Tamiflu as a preventative because I'm pregnant... good times... to which the only major side effect in pregnant women (that they know of!) is premature labor... great.... this baby is not ready to come out (she doesn't even have a name yet!)!!
To top off the week, Gregor leaves today for a week to take his big engineer test in California. That leaves me at home with sick kids praying that I don't go into labor or get a severe case of the flu myself. My panic must have been evident to my family (although really not to me because I kept assuring everyone that I would be fine... I can manage... I can do it all myself... because I'm what?? supermom?? right... I obviously have a hard time asking for help or admitting that I can't do it all). Anyhow, my brother is flying in for the weekend to save the day just in case things get out of control. I'm optimistic that we are all going to be fine. In reality, this hasn't been a terrible flu (yet). Hopefully, we'll just be able to enjoy the weekend with my brother with no drama. I have to say though, I am grateful that he's going to be here.
What I'm finding the hardest part of it all is not the fevers, the snot, the coughs in the face, the extreme irritability of all the kids, etc... the hardest part is being in the freakin' house all day for the past 4 days with more to come. All I want to do is get in the car and go to the park or the grocery or something... even just drive around for awhile... the house is driving me crazy. I just want to keep cleaning it, which is impossible because every time I get one room under control the kids have taken over another room. Everyone is at each other's throats because we are literally on top of one another. We are running out of puzzles and movies and organization projects. Hudson is starting to feel better which means he has more energy (not good when we are stuck in the house!). I don't know how to just stay in the house all day successfully I guess... it is driving me absolutely nuts. So please... let us all get better soon... if only to get out of the house for a little while!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Get better soon you guys!

Sydney and Tyler got the flu (prob H1N1) on our 2-day car ride which ended up being not so bad because we were all quarantined on the move:)