Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to school

I'm just going to ignore the fact that my last post says Happy Easter!!
Let's see if I can recap the last four months or so quickly:
Kids finished up school in early June.
We started the swim team which consumed our lives for most of the summer (in a positive way for the most part). Hudson and Larkin were both on the team this summer, and both were awesome!! I'll dig up those pictures eventually. I was so so proud seeing them diving (or belly flopping) off the starter blocks and just swimming their hearts out... I love it!
Larkin lost her first two teeth (bottom middle)
Hudson has to get braces on his crazy teeth (to start next month)
Hudson and I are still reading the Harry Potter Books (on Book 6 now)... We are totally into it, but I think we've been reading them almost every night for the past year or so. How many are there??
Nellie is still sooo funny. She walked into Hudson's room the other day while he had a friend over and said, "Hudson, you are not being appropriate ... you need a time out"  I have no idea what hudson was doing other than playing legos, but the word appropriate coming out of a two year old's mouth is just plain funny. We all keep reenacting that one, and getting a good laugh out of it.
We've had a lot of fun trips this summer (hopefully I will get a few of these pictures in soon). Virginia Beach a few times, Hilton Head last week (Hud and Larkin loved their week alone with Debi and Mikie), Lake George and Ocean City with Oma and Opa, North Carolina over memorial day... all kinds of fun!
Gregor is starting a new job in a couple of weeks.
The kids started school yesterday (First and Third grade for Hudson and Larkin). Here are the obligatory first day of school pics (nellie has a picture phobia now, can you tell?):


Hilton Head (I don't know why these won't rotate
Brooke's take on summer
Picnic on the blue ridge parkway (nellie apparently needed her goggles in the mountains)
Brooke and Isla in animal heaven at Lynes Land
Larkin's last swim practice... Yay girl for getting the Coach's award... love that good sportsmanship
Larkin's teenage attitude I see all the time now. I'm constantly reminding her that she is only 6!
I had to put this one in of Nellie, because she is actually smiling.

I know these aren't the best pictures (taken straight from my phone)... but I had to start somewhere to make the task of getting back into the blog less daunting.