Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Am I cursed today

Today, our home computer when kaput. Seriously Kaput! Why oh why wasn't I better about backing up our pictures, music, etc... I haven't even really begun to thing about how much we've lost. Does anyone have any advice on retrieving data from a hard drive that doesn't costs $1000?

Then...
the keyboard on my blackberry stopped and the nice woman from Sprint told me that not only is it totally dead, but it was doubtful that I would be able to retrieve my contacts, calendar, etc... Great... ughhh.... I have EVERYTHING on there! Doctor appointments, soccer schedules, birthdays, phone numbers... everything. I did back this up, but guess where it is... on the hard drive that just crashed. Great, just great. The only good news is that I am eligible for a new phone upgrade TODAY! I think there was some sort of self destruct devise in my phone that was activated today.... kill the old so she'll buy a new... it's very suspicious.

Then...
My laptop is slow as hell. I think it's going to die soon. Everyday one of my letters on the keyboard doesn't work. Never the same letter, but one everyday. That can't be a good sign.

then...
I was trying to be a good mom and made cookies this afternoon when Hud got home from school. As I was pulling them out of the oven, I realized too late that there was a hole in the oven mitt right between my thumb and pointer finger... so yeah, I burned the hell out of my hand.

then...
Nellie learned to pull-up on her crib during nap time today... and screamed when she couldn't figure out how to get back down. The problem is that she kept doing it over and over and over again.... Let go little peanut! LET GO! GO TO SLEEP... Mom is having a shit of a day!

then...
Brooke had another bloody nose. (She had one yesterday that bled on an off all freakin' day). Today, she had a super nose bleed that was a serious gusher for at least 20 minutes. It was rag after rag of blood (combined with screaming no nap baby... yeah, good times).

now...
Hud apparently can't sleep in his bed alone at night because he's "too lonely." After an hour of fighting him, and putting him back in his bed numerous times I just gave up. So here we are watching Minute to Win It. He says to me, "Mom, I can go on this show tomorrow and win you enough money to get a new computer and a LOT of legos... I know I could do it!"


3 comments:

Kiki said...

Sorry for all the typos in that post. I'll try to fix them tonight. I forget the funniest thing... Larkin asked me if it hurt to get all those lines in my forehead or if I just had my face in the pool too long... This is after hud asked me if I had another baby in my tummy... Larkin, I'm earning every single one of those wrinkles and hud, I'm just bloated.

Sara said...

Don't forget the next day when you were trying to relax at baby yoga and got an entire toddler size finger stuck up your nose. And not from your toddler. But the coffee afterwards was good!

Catherine said...

Oh geez Kiki! How did I miss this post!?! HUGE hug to you honey. What a shit day! I wish I had advice about the hard drive. And OH hell, Larkin and Hudson! We are so going to rock our Cougar trip. LOL...