Friday, June 17, 2011

Hudson's first swim meet!





Yay Hudson (and his friend Luke!) for competing in their first swim meet! Hud and I were there from 4 until 10:30 (and the meet wasn't over when we left after his last event... he was swimming at 9:30 at night when he is usually asleep by 7:30!). Hudson swam the 25 meter freestyle and backstroke and swam the freestyle in the medley relay race. He's been such a trooper with all the swim practices and is really putting in a lot of hard work. Gregor and I have been truly impressed with his improvement in the 3 weeks that he's been on the team.
This swim meet brought back all kinds of childhood memories for me of hanging out at swim meets in ohio, playing crazy 8's, eating dry kool-aide and intimidating the other team with my "game face" and my unbeatable butterfly and freestyle (that's me at probably age 8 getting ready to swim)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genes are powerful stuff in your family, no? I see Brooke in that picture of you 100% as well as all the others. Love it!