August 2007 - July 2009
Our faithful fish Jonah passed away a couple of days ago. One morning he was swimming happily in his bowl, and by the afternoon he was no longer with us. We will miss you. This isn't even a real picture of Jonah, just one of a Betta fish that looks a little bit like him. I don't think we ever took his picture... super sad I know. I tell you what, I'm not going to miss feeding him or cleaning his bowl which made me throw up just about ever time from stink. Fish are always fun for a little while when the kid are into it, but really, after a week or so, no one ever thinks about the fish (except for mom of course, who is in charge of taking care of all things). Anyhow, we said a little farewell to Jonah and put him into the stream near our house. Hudson was a little bummed out and went out yesterday to see if he could still find him (no luck). Larkin was 20 questions as usual... but seems to be handling it okay. I don't think we'll be getting another fish for awhile, at least not until someone else can be in charge of cleaning that bowl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
oh gracious. Freddie the fish (also a beta) may soon be joining Jonah. His bowl is half empty and desperately in need of being cleaned. I also gag when cleaning it... and tried to convince my husband that I shouldn't do it when I was pregnant. (surely there is some diesease you can get) May your house be fish free from now on... go out and enjoy some Sushi in honor of Jonah. Maybe a california roll for you, though!
You just have a way of saying things that makes me laugh every time! I just love you! We babysat a fish that looked just like Jonah this weekend. Fish sitting...now that's the way to go:)
Babysitting fish is totally the way to go!! Have a good time for a few days with the fish and give it back before you smell that bowl while you are cleaning it... Grrrroooossss!
Post a Comment