Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy 18 Months Brooke



Happy 18 Months Brooke!!
I can't believe my little baby is a year and a half already. Brooke is weighing in at 23 pounds and 32 inches, a little over the 50% in height and around 35-40% in weight. This last month has been a big one for Brooke. She finally learned to walk, which quickly turned into running and climbing. She says all kinds of words now, but mostly resorts to her high pitched scream when she wants something. She finally got to turn around in her car seat, and she just feels like a big girl in every way. She loves the pool and tries to jump into the deep end with a running start (not so fun for mom). She really developing quite the personality (which is surprisingly similar to Hudson's... must be a January 9th thing). This is a tough age though. She wants to do everything by herself (including eating yogurt, which I just can't watch), tries to communicate but I don't always get it which makes her frustrated, and really just want to be a big girl and do everything Hud and Larkin do. She doesn't understand discipline yet and just doesn't understand why she can't always have what she wants. She's an animal lover (which none of the other kids have been) and adores her animal books, farm, and all the neighborhood pets. She is especially fond of Gracie, which is truly adorable.
In other news...
I'm feeling better these days... still unbelievably tired (I actually took my first nap in years the other day... which was Great!), but not as nauseous. I can't believe how much my belly is sticking out for 13.5 weeks!! I seriously have a door-bell belly-button already. My jeans no longer fit and I'm struggling to find shirts that don't look funky over my changing body. I'm in that awkward not quite maternity but not my "normal" clothes either... I need to suck it up and by a pair of maternity jeans.

2 comments:

Ella Grace Campbell said...

So precious that little Brooke is! WOW- 18 months. And you are already 13.5 weeks- awesome!

The next time I'm at my Dad's I'll pull out my maternity stuff and you can have your pick of some clothes so totally tacky you won't wear them out of your house and a few cool pieces that were gifts (because we all know I don't have a great style sense, but luckily I know people who do) :-) -Sara

Kiki said...

Thanks so much sara!! I can use all the stuff I can get... I'm feeling so funky (not in a cool way) in all my clothes right now. I really can't believe I'm doing this again! Come by our side of the hood soon so we can hang out!