Laundry...
Some days my mound to fold is so high I can barely start to fold it. I pile it on my bed when I take it out of the dryer so that I have to fold it before I can sleep. In fact I'm looking at three loads at least on the end of my bed as I write this (getting ready for the series finale of LOST, YAY!). Anyhow...
With our family of 6, I do at least 20 full loads of laundry a week... that's sorting, washing, drying, folding, and putting away. I wonder how many hours of my life are devoted to laundry alone. I don't even want to count it because it would only be depressing.
As with everything else, laundry comes with its own set of gear. I was checking out teh new method detergent for awhile at Target and finally got it when it went on sale. I love the idea. I bought the free and clear one and gave it a try. I have to say, I was disappointed. It just doesn't get out the yellow blowout baby poop stains or the markers, grass, mud, and ketchup stains that seem to be on everything these days. 

So I went back to my old standby. Tide Cold Water.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this.
I think you really get what you pay for here. I always wash in cold water (saving money) and all the stains come out no problem on the first wash. I always go back to this and curse myself when I buy something else cheaper. This stuff is the Best!
My product obsession of late has been replacing my Bounce free and clear fabric softeners. I've heard these aren't the best for you (I can't remember why now... but not so good). And they are a little bit expensive. I read about these
reusable dryer sheets to get out static (a super pet peeve of my... I HATE static in my clothing... hence my obsession with Bounce). So I bought them and I LOVE them!! It takes out all the static, they are cute with their purple stripes (totally irrelevant to the use but fun anyway). I paired these with the Nellie dryer balls and natural fragrance sticks (a combo amazon.com suggested in reviews...). Okay, I know I'm a dork with all of this, but I can't help it. It's a huge part of my life. So these Nellie products are fantastic! Not just because of the name (although I admit I was initially drawn to them because they are called Nellie's). They work.
reusable dryer sheets to get out static (a super pet peeve of my... I HATE static in my clothing... hence my obsession with Bounce). So I bought them and I LOVE them!! It takes out all the static, they are cute with their purple stripes (totally irrelevant to the use but fun anyway). I paired these with the Nellie dryer balls and natural fragrance sticks (a combo amazon.com suggested in reviews...). Okay, I know I'm a dork with all of this, but I can't help it. It's a huge part of my life. So these Nellie products are fantastic! Not just because of the name (although I admit I was initially drawn to them because they are called Nellie's). They work. Supposedly all of this lasts for hundreds of loads!


No comments:
Post a Comment