Saturday, April 19, 2008

Coincidence? I think not!


Okay, at first it was just a coincidence, but now, I think pottery barn kids is stealing the names of my kids after I have something embroidered there! Once upon a time, I had a son and named him Hudson. I had a few things embroidered for him from pottery barn kids and a few short months later they came out with a "Hudson" collection... hummm. Just a coincidence I'm sure. So, two years go by, I have a daughter and name her Larkin. Again, I have a few thing embroidered with her name from pbk... and alas, a few short months later they come out with their "Larkin" collection. Odd... but again, it must just be a coincidence. Now come on! Four months after I name my little girl Miller and have a pink towel and a girlie stocking embroidered with her name I see the name in their catalog on the little girl tote! I think pbk has my number and is stealing my kids' names!! I am just going to take it as a compliment. We aren't having any more kids, so they are going to have to find a new creative team to come up with their names. I think I should get a gift certificate from them at least! Don't you?

3 comments:

Catherine said...

*air quotes* no more kids *air quotes*


That is really uncanny, I agree. It just goes to show that you are ahead of the curve!

Brianne Jensen said...

That's crazy!!! The first two times, okay maybe coincidence... but after the third, NO WAY!! You're just too cool!

Rebecca said...

I think you should TOTALLY write to them and demand compensation!:) (At least a few hundred $ in gift certificates anyway!) I mean, intellectual property and creativity is worth a lot!