Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Times at the Beach





We had a great time in Ocean City, MD this past weekend. It was one of those spontaneous decide on Thursday night leave Friday trips that actually went well. It was over 100 degrees here in C'ville so we just decided to get out of town. The beach had a great breeze, Brooke had her first real beach experience sitting in the sand, Hudson had a few good "wipe outs" (his new favorite words), and Larkin set her self up with snacks, water and her very own little chair. Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Gregor's mom and I went to see Mama Mia. I have to say, I loved it! Although for the next couple of days (even now really) I just want to sell everything and move to Greece or some place like it and run a Bed and Breakfast. I want to wear my bathing suit everyday in 70 degree weather and rent scooters for the dirt roads. I want my kids to run around an island jumping off rocks and taking boats out and about. It just looked so fantastic. Maybe I should even use my degree and just study the coast somewhere fun with the family. That's always how I pictured my life... it makes me wonder how I ended up in the middle of Virginia. Today I want to move. Tomorrow I will probably love it here again because Charlottesville and Crozet really are great places to raise kids and settle, but as for today, I'm thinking Greece.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love the crop on the pic of you and Brooke. Or maybe it's not a crop but just the shot. You guys are always doing fun stuff! Jealous!!! So as I'm sitting here realizing this is our last night in Crozet I realize how much I will miss it and how great it is, however I can totally understand the desire to run off to Greece. It sounds fabulous. If you do it, make sure you have a guest room:)