

Happy 8 months Brooke!
Brooke was 8 months old on the 9th. I'm a slacker mom for not getting this out on her official month birthday, but what can I say, she's the third kid and will probably be mad at me her whole life because there aren't as many pictures etc of her. Every kid after the first gets jipped in the photo department. Brooke is still just hanging out playing with toys. You can tell in her eyes that she wants to crawl, but she won't tolerate tummy time long enough to figure it out. That's fine with me because the minute she crawls my life is going to get a lot harder with baby proofing and constant attention. I like this stage where she just sits and plays. I still think she has a slight problem with her left ankle. I know deep down that she doesn't, but I'm still obsessing about it anyway. I can't get her to stand at all, even when I hold her hands. She doesn't pull up or really put any pressure on her right foot at all. It's probably just a quirk, but all the rationalizations I make for it don't stop me from obsessing about her little foot. Other than that, Brooke is doing great. She loves say DA-DAaaaa. Her favorite games are peek a boo and "try to get Larkin's Binky". She is totally in love with Larkin at the moment. She just laughs and laughs at anything Larkin does and tries to get her attention all the time. I think she's also figured out that Larkin is the one that always has the good snacks. It seems I have another snack obsessed child on my hands. Brooke is still a little peanut. I think that's why I always think of her as so much younger... that and maybe the fact that the last child will always and forever be the baby. Brooke has been wearing all of Larkin's hand me downs which makes me remember Larkin at this age. They have such different personalities though that some of Larkin's clothes just don't seem to jive with Brooke's personality. Larkin was all about crazy colors and patterns... lots of pink and just girlie. Brooke, on the other hand, just seems a little more chill and serene. I think more neutral soft clothes fit her little personality. Who knows, maybe it's just my style that's changing and I'm projecting it on to them, but I don't think so... I think they already have a "clothes personality." Larkin sure has an opinion on it now, and it is still 100% girlie and involves lots of colors and mixing patters paired with sparkling "fancy Nancy" shoes or her other orange favorites. Hudson still loves sweats and vintage t-shirts with that California surfer vibe. Nothing can touch his neck and he can't stand sweatshirts or hoodies on while in the car seat. He actually hates wearing his shirt in the carseat altogether. I had to make a new car rule that he can only take all his clothes off on the way home. The kid rides home in only his underwear, but at least he's not taking it all off between every stop anymore. That was putting me over the edge of sanity. I'm going off on quite a clothes tangent her, I think I'll stop now. Anyhow, Happy 8 months Brooke!

2 comments:
STOP OBSESSING! You can check it out with her doctor at her nine month. In the meantime, you are going to drive yourself crazy! And, where are those beautiful pics we took this afternoon?! ;)
Oh my goodness.. your baby is growing up so fast! See.. you're not really done having babies, you'll miss this too much. Gosh we are homesick for you guys, and for our little neighborhood and for the downtown mall, and cupcakes, and just everything. It's fun to see your updates, and I love your changes to the blog. Super fun. Anyway, we miss you! Give hugs and kisses all around.
Post a Comment