Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend fun in Crozet








It was a great weekend here in Crozet. Saturday morning we unloaded a bunch of junk at our community yard sale. The weather was perfect for a day sitting in our driveway, chatting with our neighbors, and making a little money on stuff we just don't need anymore. Nothing makes Gregor happier than simplifying our garage and decluttering our house. After the garage sale we of course went and spent all the money we made on lunch, cookies, and a few items at Hud's new favorite store (the HALLOWEEN superstore!). Larkin got the rockin' shades pictured above, and Hudson settled on a double "darth maul" light saber (one that he's spent the last year at least looking for). The Halloween store was really funny as I found myself trying to tell Hudson that he really didn't need the "pimp cane." After all that we decided to take the bikes over to Old Trail to have a picnic dinner on the dock. When we were on our way home we passed the huge neighborhood camp out. Hudson and Gregor decided to join in the neighborhood fun and pitched their tent. I think they had a blast! They actually made it the whole night. The girls and I got up early the next morning and brought them breakfast. It was so cute... Hudson just had the best time. This was one of those times that I like living in this kind of neighborhood. Sunday was a little bit more mellow than our crazy Saturday. We just hung around the house and Gregor drove all the way to Virginia Beach for a little surfing. The kids and I went on another bike ride (I'm loving my new bike and trailer), and it was to bed early for everyone. What a jam packed weekend!
I'm supposed to start working today, but I haven't gotten the official okay from human resources yet... so maybe tomorrow. We decided to not go with the childcare option. It was just too expensive for the amount of money that I'm going to be making. Gregor and I sat down and figured out a schedule so that he can get his work hours in, I can get a little face time in the lab, and we don't have to shell out $400 a month in childcare (yeah that's how much it was for 3 morning a week 8:30-12:30). So Gregor's going to get to watch Larkin and Brooke on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9-12:30. He'll be picking Hudson up at school and just hanging with the girls. I think it's going to work out really well... who better to watch the kids than dear ol' dad! He's even going to be in charge of taking all the kids to the dentist and taking Brooke to her 9 month doctor's appointment.... quality time indeed.

2 comments:

Brianne Jensen said...

Oh my goodness! I miss our neighborhood and my friends in Crozet! I cannot believe Huddy got the Darth Maul lightsaber, I'm totally going to have to go get one for my kids. They have also wanted one forever.

Rebecca said...

That looks like such a fun campout! I can't believe that daycare is so much! Spanish preschool here two days a week from 9-2 is $265 and I thought that was a lot.