Why is it that every one's child seems to have a comfort lovey except for mine. I'm on my third kid and not one of them is attached to anything like that... not a blanket or an animal or anything of the sort! I guess you could say that Larkin is attached to her Binky (I don't know how I'm going to get rid of that!). Hudson loves all snugly blankets and stuffed animals but really doesn't get a sense of security from anything. There is no "have to have it" item for him. It's not for a lack of trying. I've gotten all the kids little blankets, bigger blankets, snugly animals, baby dolls for the girls... all the classic lovey items. I've put everything in their crib and tried to put consistency into items. I even tried making the loveys smell like me when they were babies. They just don't seem to care. Brooke is starting to show a little preference for one of her blankets and for this cute little bunny, but nothing is a "have to have it" item yet. It seems like I'm their comfort item, and it just feels like if I could find something that they get comfort from maybe they would all feel more secure leaving me. Larkin and Brooke still have serious separation anxiety. Brooke just loves having her crib packed with blankets, loveys and babies. It's funny though, I think she inventories everything in there. If I throw an extra baby or lovey in there, I find it tossed out of the crib the next morning. The crib seems like it is packed, but if I take stuff out, she's just points to it and cries. I line everything up on the sides of the crib at night and fold the blankets into a snuggle size, but by morning, she's made this huge pile in the center of the crib and is sleeping on this huge heap of stuff... so is this her version of a lovey... the snuggle pile?? I don't want to have to take all that stuff with us when we travel!! Does anyone have any advise on creating that bond between child and blanky, baby or animal?
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment