Sunday, January 18, 2009

Unmotivated and uninspired

I've been unmotivated and uninspired by my blog recently. I don't know why... maybe I've been unmotivated as a mom and just don't feel like I have anything to share. Don't get me wrong I adore my kids, had a fantastic time celebrating their birthdays and christmas and really smile at something they've done every day... but...it's been a long winter. Being inside is tough with the kids. I'm constantly having to find ways to entertain everyone while at the same time running damage control. The house is always crazy. Brooke empties every drawer or cabinet a thousand times a day. I feel like I just make laps around the house picking up her messes just so she can pull everything out again. I wish I could tone down my OCD tendencies and just live with the mess, but I can't function when everything just feels so cluttered! The kids continue to get sick, so the places I can take them are limited. Brooke and Larkin's noses are running again, and Brooke is on antibiotics again for another ear infection. I would bet that tubes are going to be in her future. Gregor has had a lot of random holiday days off of work, so our normal weekly schedule that really helps me stay sane has been off. We've had a lot of great daddy time, but the kids just add a little extra crazy to get daddy's attention sometimes. Money's been tight, our future as far as where we are going to live and what I'm going to do for work has been up in the air. I don't know, I think I just have a case of the winter blahs. I really want to get one of those light machines... what is it called... I think I suffer from that seasonal depression disorder... the thought of sitting in front of a warm light just makes me smile in anticipation and warms me up on the inside.
As for the blog, I've been trying to think of something to add to my favorite things, but I'm just not loving anything right now!
On the kids front, Larkin got a new phrase from me today... "Holy snapping assholes"... yeah I'm a good mom right... I just hope that one doesn't come out in some embarrassing place or ever again for that matter.
Hudson has us all hooked on his star wars video games.
Brooke learned to crawl up the stairs today!! Good for her, bad for mommy. I'm sure there will be a fall down the stairs in the near future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiki! Hang-in there! We love you and if you ever need to just vent i am here to listen. mom found an old high school assignment of mine talking about my 10 most influential people and you and bran made it! ill have to read it to you one day. just remember one day at a time! xoxo

Rebecca said...

Thanks for being so real!

Man! I feel for you!!! I can relate about the schedule thing. Today Tyler had the day (well, part of the day) off and we went to the zoo and even though it was fun, the kids got off their schedules and melted down and... I also yelled at Talmage, like really yelled this morning and felt like such a bad mom. He has been in such a bad mood just crying and crying and crying and fussing for no reason. Calm, I need to remember my word!

I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.) too. I like to go tanning in the winter...it makes me feel better.I know it's so bad for my skin, but sometimes short term stuff trumps the long term stuff.

Thanks for the update even though you didn't feel like it:) I think you should go live the Mama Mia life:)

Brianne Jensen said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN!! To everything you said! I can totally relate. I HATE WINTER, and while Texas is much better than Virginia as far as weather, it's still winter! UGG!! Wish of all wishes that I lived close by again so we could let the kids go nuts together and we could drink a Diet Coke and laugh it off:) A trip to Dallas sound good? Supposed to be pretty nice weather here for the next little bit! I miss you!

Julie said...

Yep yep... I get the blues. I call it cabin fever cuz really we can't go many places when it's wet and cold out. Since our place is ity-bity, that's what keeps us sane- going places. SO- we just all go crazy in the winter.