
Sadly, I found out today that I didn't get the faculty position at UC Santa Barbara. I really thought that I would at least get an interview considering I did pretty much all my research on the shores of Santa Barbara, I had great recommendations, and I've got a lot published. But, I guess I just wasn't what they were looking for. It's probably for the best. It would have been so hard to pack up everything, sell the house, find new schools for the kids, etc by July. I think it's just a blow to the ol' ego if anything. So, I may just hang up the professor dream for now, and head in a new direction. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it really. I was so torn on this job. I guess I would have at least liked to get an interview. Oh well right. It all happens for a reason (I hope). In reality, I really want to just be home with Brooke for at least one more year. Maybe something even more ideal will come up this year.

1 comment:
Yeah, I'm on the job hunt too and it's just messing considering leaving for full time work with Luke at home still. There are jobs I love, but not the right hours or great, but too far, so not worth it. It's just so hard to find the right fit... for not just me, but me + family. We tried the sell the house move, didn't go so well... Is stuff selling out there?
Post a Comment