Monday, February 23, 2009
Selling the baby clothes
It's that time of year again... time to purge baby/kid stuff at our local consignment store (they have 2 sales a year for spring and fall for one week only). I love these sales. I make a little money and purge the clothes and gear. This year, however, it's a little sad. I went through all the 0-12 month clothes and picked out my favorites to share with soon to arrive cousin Isla (Brandon and Cat's little girl on the way) and other friends, then folded and sorted the rest to sell. I was almost in tears! I'm having that "I'm not going to have a baby this small again" sadness. I think I did that back in the fall also, so I guess I should be used it to by now, but I'm just not. There's no reason to hold onto all these clothes... it just makes me sad to really close the door on infants. Oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously through Cat's baby, one day Mollie's babies, and my friends' babies. It is definitely nice not to be waking up during the night anymore, and to be able to leave the house for more than 2 hours (no more nursing... yay).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment