Thursday, April 30, 2009

Taking back the music


I've finally done it. I've regained control of the music in our car! I realized that the kids had way too much control over what we listened to in the car. It was a sad day when I realized that I was singing along to these kids songs like I would to something I actually enjoyed. I even started listening to their CD when they weren't in the car... really sad! So, I took control! I took out all the kid CD's and my ipod (which is filled with kid music). Now, the kids get to hear my Ray LaMontagne CD (over and over again, because that's the only one I have in the car). It's great to hear them singing along and actually requesting songs on the CD. Yep, they are going to be cool kids now! Sometimes, these kids need boundaries... and music in the car is where I've drawn the line (for now). On the way to school, I've even started putting on the morning news. Now, if I don't Hudson pipes up from the back, "Mom, we need to turn on the radio to see if there are any accidents." Nice... way to stay on top of it Hud.

No comments: