

The weeks are just flying by right now! We had a fun visit with uncle Lucas and auntie Cassandra (aka Birdie) last weekend. Gregor got in a little brotherly rock climbing and Birdie got to experience how crazy the kids get in good
ol' target. We also spent a nice day at the park and even got a babysitter one night (crazy I know!) to go to the local brewery, sit outside and listen to a little music. Good times. We now have
Oma and
Opa coming into town today for a quick visit. We might be brave enough to take everyone to the local fair this weekend... the Dogwood festival... who knows! Nothing really knew or exciting to report. Brooke still isn't walking, but she's getting a little stronger every day. She will actually try to stand by herself for a few seconds every now and then so that's a good sign. She's pretty good at walking with a finger or two from mom and dad for support. I'm going to predict that she'll be 17.5 months when she starts to walk (just close enough to 18 months for me to be freaking out...but under 18 months nonetheless).
Larkin is going through a super defiant stage which is a little difficult... her favorite saying right now is "I'm telling the truth...m-o-m" with an eye roll to go with it. I don't think she even knows that this means. Seriously, she might as well be a teenager with this attitude! As for me, I'm going through this "I want to go back to Santa Cruz" phase. I know I've talked about this before. It hits me every now and then where I just want to pack all our stuff (or sell it) and just move back to that gorgeous place. I can't figure out if I just want to move or if there is something about Santa Cruz that I can't seem to let go of. Rationally, I know that
Charlottesville is a great place for us... It's great for the kids, close-
ish to family... i have a job in my field at the university... we have great neighbors... good schools... etc etc etc. I've been through all of this before and we always decide to stick it out here. I think it's just that floaty, resistant to dig roots and "settle down" feeling I have. That and I miss the
cliffed coast, amazing weather, etc etc etc. I'm getting a little tired of the debate in my own head.
No comments:
Post a Comment