
Larkin says to me this morning
Mom, could you and dad PLEASE be in charge of your shoes and put them away in the closet so I can vacuum the floor!!
I just had to laugh and respond, "Sorry Larkin, Dad and I will work on it." Aren't I supposed to be the adult here!
Then, this afternoon, Hudson looks at me while I'm on the phone with Gregor and says
Mom, can you PLEASE get your freakin' self off the phone, I need to talk to you!
Maybe I'm just having a bad mommy day...
In other news, Brooke has transferred to her BIG GIRL BED! Yay Brooke. To say it's been a total success would just not be true. I had great experiences with Hudson and Larkin around 22 and 20 months respectively with the big bed. We start with the mattress on the floor and gradually raise it up to the box spring and then add the frame over a period of weeks so they learn the edges of the bed etc. This has been super successful in the past and has really worked well with Brooke as well. She hasn't fallen out a single time. But... Hudson and Larkin didn't realize that they could get out of the bed by themselves or without permission, so it was great! Brooke on the other hand is LOVING her new freedom. She is getting out of her bed for what feels like a gazillion times to go and say goodnight to hudson, then daddy, then gracie, then mommy, then to get water, then to say goodnight to Hudson again.... it just seems to go on forever. It's been about four nights now, and I think she's starting to get out of bed less and less as the novelty wears off, but it's really trying my patience. It's a good thing she's so adorable...that keeps me from completely losing it.

2 comments:
SO funny! I love it!
and oh man! That stinks that Brooke gets up so much!!! I still have T in a crib since he hasn't tried to get out like Sydney did. I'm crossing my fingers that it will last a little bit longer!
And that Larkin is SUCH a beautiful little girl! She is so grown up!
Post a Comment