Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random thoughts of the day

I'm having one of those days where everything just seems annoying. I think I'm tired... could be that my 5 year old has decided that 5:15 AM is our new wake up time yet I keep going to be around 11... yeah, that could do it especially when you add to it the basketball that keeps kicking me throughout the night and the growing of baby parts.
Anyhow, back to annoying things. Why does it bother me when the kids sing the wrong words to a song over and over again?? For example, today Larkin was singing:
"The doctor is a friend goodbye, the doctor is a friend goodbye" and I just wanted to scream... "the doctor is a friend OF MINE", the doctor is a friend OF MINE!" but instead I calmly told her the correct words. This is what she said to me, "Mom, sometimes I think I'm right, but this time I know I'm right... you need to watch Barney and learn the words... then you'll see, the doctor is leaving baby bop so they are singing goodbye."
Now I'm questioning myself! Could she be right, do I have the wrong words?? I guess I'll have to watch Barney to figure it out.
On the bright side, I am loving these slippers right now for the kids. I don't have any money to buy them, but I think they are totally adorable and wish I had them for all three kids for Christmas. Also, even though I am Huge right now and seriously can't fit into anything, I am loving the pattern on these pajamas and this robe... they're flannel... and something about them just says cozy. I will confess that sometimes my taste gets a little weird (bad) when I'm pregnant (one of the reasons that Gregor doesn't trust me picking a name for the baby this late in the game), so if these are really hideous I'm sorry. I tried to add photos, but for some reason there are "internal errors" and I'm way to tired to figure out what's happening... so just click on the link and check it out.
Other things that are bugging me today:
Spilled chocolate milk on the carpet (I cleaned up at least 3 spills today on the carpet... why oh why can't the milk STAY IN THE KITCHEN!)
My freaking deaf dog. She keeps wondering away as I'm trying to leave the house and doesn't hear me calling. She sneaks on my bed to sleep (my side of course) when we are gone and my covers smell. She shreds and eats any box/plastic bag/paper bag/lunch box, etc etc that may have touched food at one time... and she brings her finds into the office to shred and eat on the carpet so it's aways stained and covered with crumbs and container remnants (also the room where the chocolate milk gets spilled). Yes, it's gross in there.
Stepping on Lego's! Why are they everywhere, and why do my feet always find them??
Okay, that's enough today... I think I'm going to bed now in the hopes of starting a fresh day tomorrow (hopefully not at 5 AM!).

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hudson..go back to bed child, your mama needs some sleep.

Catherine said...

Oh honey, hugs hugs hugs. Just think, at least you have a whole week where your mom gets to wake up with Hudson at 5:15! Yay! Poor Mike...

Carrie said...

Pretty funny- Saw your comment earlier. I gad a blog designer do it. the link is on my blog on the left side. Were you asking if my blog was public or the design? I gave it a little face lift for a few reasons... basically a post I wrote in the summer was picked up by an ad agency and they asked if they could publish it in an upcoming magazine... decided I would spruce up the look of the blog and see what happens with the increase in traffic. the article/ad will post in the magazine Dec 31st.