Thursday, December 3, 2009

Turkey Day in Hilton Head












Thanksgiving on Hilton Head for an entire week with family... what could be better than that! Mollie, Brandon, Cat, Ronan, Isla, and even my dad (aka BOB) all congregated at Lynes Land (home to my mom and mikie, 2 dogs, 1 bird, and 3 ferrets) for the holiday. The weather was wonderful (for the most part), the food was fantastic, and the family bonding was priceless. Brooke fell in love with baby Isla and now has named all her dolls at home Isla and sings her songs all day every day. Hudson and Larkin keep talking about their cousins and all the fun they had... (I really wish we lived closer to the cousins). Everyone got out on the boat and enjoyed the sunshine and dolphins. I enjoyed a prenatal massage (total and complete bliss), pedicure (sorry pedi lady... my toes haven't been done in 2 years... seriously!) as well as "personal time" hanging out with Cat, Mollie, my dad, etc. I even got to go wedding dress shopping with Mollie. Is there a more perfect family activity?!?! Mollie found a gorgeous dress and I so want to post a picture... but I don't want it to get leaked to the groom! All I can say is that it is unbelievable and she simply glows in it. I love that I got to experience that with her. I also love the way I feel taken care of on Hilton Head... someone always asking me if I feel okay, making sure I'm taking time for myself, worrying about me (Thanks everyone!)... I can't say enough... I just felt loved. The 10 hour drive was terrible and I was convinced I was getting blood clots in my legs, but overall it was totally worth the trip! We had a Thanksgiving/ Christmas because none of us are going to be together for Christmas. The kids were totally spoiled, but loved every single minute of it (thanks!!). Our family was gifted the Wii plus games and I think I've lost Hud to gaming for awhile now. The Wii has also brought out my inner game fanatic (which I had successfully buried when I was 15) and I can feel myself getting loured back in. I want to have Wii parties with my adult friends and find myself bonding with Hud over what level of Mario Bros. we can conquer. It's sad I know, but it that mindless fun that I need right now... so if I fall off blogging for awhile, you know what I'm probably doing... yes, I'm playing the Wii! I think Hud runs a couple of miles every time he plays it, so I'm telling myself it's good exercise for him!
Now we are home and nothing is slowing down anytime soon. We are gearing up for Christmas... thinking about our tree. I think we are going to go this weekend and cut one down with the kids... it's time to think about presents, Christmas decorations, etc, etc, etc.... holiday parties, birthday parties... the list goes on and on. The real scary thing that I keep pushing out of my head is that I only have 6 more weeks with this baby in the belly! Granted I feel HUGE... (seriously, was my butt this big with the other 3?? I don't recall so... and I'm having the "will I ever fit into a single digit size pant again" thought... these last weeks are tough body wise)... but it is easier to have the baby in the belly than out!! Christmas is going to be here and gone before I know it, and then we will be in the 2 week countdown! YIKES! We still don't have a confirmed name... Gregor and I seem to be channeling all our baby angst into the name right now. Cora or Everly, Cora or Everly, Cora or Everly... any votes?? Middle name is Deborah... I'm thinking maybe a last minute right in name might be the answer.





No comments: