Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Freedom!





































We finally made it out of the house today!! Holllaaaa!
The last couple of days almost put me over the edge of sanity. I ran out of bagels and that is never a good start to my days. Brooke was a disaster tornado ransacking the house. She broke at least 10 Christmas ornaments and removed all the ornaments within her reach so our tree looks a little more than odd right now. She when through all my cabinets and filled everything she could with water (while spilling most of it on the floor). I can't tell you the number of times I've slipped on random puddles of water around the house. She found Larkin's nail polish and painted a little more than her nails. I found the lid to her toothpaste, but not the tube... although little droplets of toothpaste are turning up all over the house... what did she do with it!! And that's only a small sampling of her fun this weekend. Larkin entertained herself with a sponge and soapy water for a good 2 hours on Saturday (I say it again, where does this kid come from!). She was cleaning every table, all the door trim, and really anything she could think of. At one point I made her stop because it just seemed weird. But she truly loves it (making me happy once again that she is in Montessori school... such a good fit for her!). She also got in her fair share of trouble. She got a hold of my camera and took 271 pictures (I'm not exaggerating... 271! I'll add some to this post once they finish downloading). She also thought it was a good idea to play "hair-cut" with Brooke. She sat her down with a towel around her neck... luckily I found them before any hair was actually cut. We decided that maybe putting in barrettes and ponytails was a better idea (ya think!). Okay, apparently Larkin had photo shoots with Brooke all around the house with different Christmas decorations and with grace. Not many of these came out, but I get what she was after... maybe she has a future career. Also, I have a few seriously funny "Wii" playing faces (no I'm not posting these). Okay, I admit it, Hudson and I have played A LOT of super mario bros. these last couple of days... I love that he calls me "game master." Larkin also decided to make everyone "Christmas Crowns" and was very adamant that we get a picture with everyone in the crowns (in one of these crown pictures, check out Larkin's front teeth... love them!). Hudson and Gregor did make it to the local ski slope yesterday for their first ski of the season. Apparently Hud did really well, even going down an intermediate slope that I admit scares me a bit with its steepness! Go Hud. So hopefully we won't have a string of days where the snow melts during the day and freezes at night forming ice everywhere... I don't want to be stuck in the house any more!!







No comments: