













We are finally back! Yay. It's been a whirlwind two weeks with Easter, visitors, and a trip to Hilton Head. It's all a blur at this point, but we had a great time! The easter bunny came for the kids and hid their baskets around the house. We had our college housemate Jake and his girlfriend Sarah visit for the weekend and share in our easter festivities which included a fun hike (walk) and picnic as well as a neighborhood egg hunt at our house (note to self... maybe no chocolate in the eggs next year... we ended up with a lot of chocolate goop everywhere... yuck). I almost forgot... Gregor got a new lawnmower to ring in spring... and we flew a kite with the kids (love one of the kite pictures... Hud is doing what he does best... picking his nose).
Monday morning the kids and I picked up Kami, our 15 year old babysitter, and headed to Hilton Head. I'm going to devote my next post to my new love of traveling with a babysitter, so stay tuned. We had a fantastic time in Hilton Head with 75 degree sunny days. We went to the pool and the beach, climbed to the top of the lighthouse (which I don't think I've done since I was 10 years old and it was free), played at the big playground by the harbor, and did lots of wedding planning. My sister Mollie is getting married in october so we had a wedding shower for her as well as bridesmaids fittings, cake and invitation selection, etc... good times.
We also got to visit my mom's new recovery management center for adolescent girls, Tulifinny, which was amazing! If you know any girls ages 14-17 that are struggling with issues, check this place out. It is on an amazing piece of property and my mom did a fantastic job decorating it. I love all the colors and the set up. My kids loved the pigs, llamas, donkey, cats, chickens, goat, and horses! It truly is an amazing place! Great job mom!
Gregor flew in on thursday night and got to play a bit with us. He took all the kids out on a paddle board and we even got Kami in a kayak. Yay. All in all, we had one of the best trips to Hilton Head EVER. The only way it would have been better is if my brother's family could have been there... we missed you guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment