Hudson: How old is the earth?
Morris: The earth is about 10 thousand years old.
All: WOAH!
Luke: Well, I know dinosaurs are at least 60 million years old. So earth is at least 60 million years old.
All: WOAH, 60 MILLION!
Aiden: Well, I know for a fact, that there will be a meteor that hits every million years.
Morris: Yeah, but the meteor will burn up because earth has an atmosphere.
Aiden: No, this meteor will be huge.
Morris: So we're all going to die before we're adults.
All: COOL!
Aiden: No, a million years is like a really long time from now.
Hudson: Well, how do you know that?
Aiden: Because someone told me.
Hudson: Well, how does that person know?
Aiden: Because he's in eighth grade.
Hudson: Well, maybe he lied to you.
Aiden: No, eighth graders don't lie.
Hudson: How do you know they don't lie?
Aiden: Well this one doesn't lie. Trust me.
Hudson: Dad, how old is the planet?
I quickly google it on my phone: 4.54 billion years old.
All: WOAH!!!!!
Hudson: Dad, is there a meteor coming in a million years, or do they just come whenever they want?
Me: I don't know Hud, I'm not sure they are on a schedule.
Hudson: Well if seeing is believing and this kid hasn't seen it, then how could he know?
From this point the conversation descended back to poop and penises, but I must say I was proud of my little skeptic.

No comments:
Post a Comment