Monday, March 14, 2011

Barbie Cake



Check this out! With the help of my good friend and two oldest daughters, we created this awesome cake this morning! The skirt is the cake part if you're wondering. This is supposed to be Rapunzel from Tangled. Her dress is currently hardening in the fridge (in what looks like my heaven ... a fortress of diet coke) so we can let her long braid down without smearing her dress. I must say though, I kind of like her funky 'do right now. I am really impressed with how this turned out... dare I say... we were crafty with a cake! We were planning on cupcakes for Larkin's actual party this saturday, but now she wants to make another one of these for her friends to check out.
Rapunzel is ready to celebrate Larkin's 5th birthday tomorrow!! I'm thinking it's going to be a little weird to eat her, but she sure does look pretty!

3 comments:

MoMo said...

Its like the Barbie cake Granny and I used to make. Love it!

Ella Grace Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Larkin!

Sara said...

Love it! I thought the same thing about the Diet Coke. Mmm adult birthday cake in a can. The hair is kind of what like little Willow Smith is rocking (and singing about?) right now... I saw her on Oprah :).