Wednesday, September 17, 2008
mama has a brand new job!
I've finally managed to elbow my way into UVA! I just got a job working with Laura Moore at UVA as a research associate on one of her coastal barrier island research projects. I'm so excited to start working on the coast again. After working in the oil and gas industry for over a year now, I think it's good for my own sense of self to get back to the work that I really enjoy. I'll get a little office space at the University in a coastal lab (yay), and actually interact with other people every once in awhile. It's still part-part time (only 15 hours a week), but I think it's a great start for getting my foot in the door and all I can really handle with 3 kids! The sad part is that Brooke is going to have to experience day care, which makes me very sad. It will only be for a couple of hours though on mon, wed, and fri when Larkin and Hud are at pre-school so that's good. Hopefully, I'll be a better mom when I'm with them because I won't be trying to work while I'm with them. I'm excited at the thought of working in the mornings and actually having designated "work" hours. I've been doing most of my work from 8-11 at night on my laptop in bed, so this is a welcome change. Hopefully this experience will help me figure out that unending "what am I going to do in my work-life" debate in my own head... professorship, consulting, highschool teaching, administration, moving??... ahh the list goes on and on... I start on monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's great news! I just got a gig too taking on one more babe for some extra cash. Luke has a wrestling buddy now! My neighbors downstairs are thrilled by all the new noise.
Congrats! I am so happy for you!
Yay! Good for you! Dont worry about Brooke she will be fine! look at how britt and i turned out! :) love you and miss you and those three beautiful babies of yours! xoxo are you planning any trips home????
You super mom you! Working and mom stuff. You ROCK!! I think it's awesome you found something with UVA. I hope you really enjoy it and remember why you went so far with your education in this area in the first place. Sometimes we forget our own passions when we're wrapped up in dolls and star wars guys. Good Luck Monday. I would love to hear how it goes once you get settled in.
Post a Comment