I love my shower time. I love the warm water, the closed door, and the feeling of being clean. I've never been one of those moms that stays in jammies all day or goes days without showering. From the first day I brought Hudson home (and really every day that I can remember), I have pretty much started every day out with a shower. It just makes me feel better. It doesn't matter what I'm doing that day. If I'm sitting at home all day or even going to the gym... I'll still shower. My schedule has gotten so crazy that I realized this morning that my shower time is my only truly "me" time. I can relax and not worry about the 1,001 things that need to be done. For 2 or 10 minutes (depending on the day) I am alone, warm, and relaxed. That combination doesn't happen again all day. Some days I'll even take two showers just to get those moments again. It doesn't matter if there are kids screaming on the other side of the door or the phone is ringing... if I'm in the shower, I am off duty, even if just for a minute. Granted I always have an ear out to make sure no one is getting hurt or really needs me.
Larkin decided to take a shower with me this morning, and I was surprised at how much I felt like this was an invasion into "my" time. She was cute, don't get me wrong. She wanted to wash my hair and smell all my soaps and such. We had a good time, but my warm, relaxing, alone time vanished. I've given most of myself over to these kids. I share my food, let them color in my planner, and pretty much let them take over every single thing I do or have. But, my shower time... I find myself getting really possessive over that. So I'm taking a stand.
shower time=only mommy time. No kids allowed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
AMEN!
Post a Comment