Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the Elf on the Shelf


My sister-in-law Cat sent the kids the cutest Christmas present I've ever seen... The Elf on the Shelf

This is a story about an elf (which you name) that sits in your house watching over the kids and reports back to Santa at the North Pole every night. In the morning, the elf (which my kids named Max) is in a new place. They can't touch him or he'll lose his magic. We got Max and the book yesterday and Hudson is SO into it! He woke up this morning and ran around the house looking for Max. Now every time someone does something naughty they look around for Max. Larkin will say "Max is watching you hud..." It is SO cute. This is really the cutest Christmas tradition I've seen in a long long time. Thanks auntie Cat! Watch this video to see how seriously Hud is taking this. We've only had him for one day! I really want to send one to all my friends with kids! I think this is going to become one of our family traditions from here on out.

4 comments:

Julie said...

That's adorable idea! Brilliant.

Hey- what's that watery blue picture above your mantel. I want to see the rest of that. Can you get me a picture of it? Just curious... love the water art.

Catherine said...

Okay, seriously, that is the cutest thing EVER. Hud is so into it! I"m so excited they liked it!!!!!! Can't wait until Ronan and his sister (!) get into it in a couple years.

Love Auntie Cat

Anonymous said...

Kiki, This is too funny. Daniel's Mom always had this in her house as a young child and gave us one last year to start using as a Christmas tradition. At first I thought that the else was totally creepy looking, but I think that once the little ones (!) are old enough to understand, it will be really fun. He is sitting on our mantle now! Weird...maybe everyone in the neighborhood has one and we just don't know it!

Rebecca said...

Seriously, That is SO cute. That video is awesome!