Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Decorating
















It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house! Growing up, my mom always went crazy with Christmas decorations. I think a little of that has rubbed off on me. I LOVE decorating for Christmas. I wish I had hundreds of dollars to spend on decorations and a huge storage area to keep the stuff for the rest of the year (for Gregor's sake)! For now, we have just a few key items
that really make it feel festive in our house (most of which my mom has given me as Christmas presents every year). I love the Santas!! They are just too cute. Larkin is really freaked out by Santa right now, so she was a little less than enthused when all these santas appeared, but I think it's helping her get a little more used to it. We have beach santa, santa fairy, retro rocket santa, nature santa... seriously, I love these santas. We hung up our stockings and put up our fake tree. We debated going to cut down our own tree again this year (we loved doing that last year), but ultimately decided that because we weren't going to be here for Christmas, we would just put up the pre-lit one. Honestly, I think it looks great. It's a heck of a lot easier too especially if we aren't going to be around to enjoy it on Christmas. I love the music and the cold weather. I love Hudson's excitement at all the toy catalogs coming in the mail. I truly love this time of year (except for the fact that it's too cold to play outside and we go stir crazy trying to find fun indoor activities). Thanks mom for helping me build my own santa collection and for making it always feel so festive in our house growing up. I hope I pass that along to my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! The bug that I caught has stunted our decorating plans! I hope to at least be decorated by the week of Christmas. Your house looks great, and now that everyone over here is feeling better, maybe we can play date soon. Stir crazy does not begin to describe the madness that we feel having been sick for a week and stuck inside because of the cold!