Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthdays!! 1 and 5


















Happy birthday hudson and brooke!!



I can't believe my baby baby is 1 year old and my little baby boy is 5. That is just CraZY to me. Hudson woke up this morning so excited... I think even more excited than Christmas morning if you can believe that. Today was his choice to pick everything. We had eggs for breakfast, Popsicles and a story by dad at school, pizza buffet for lunch (gross), and a trip to the toy store to pick out 5 toys for Hud and 1 toy for Brooke (Larkin also picked out her 3 items that she wants when she turns 3 in March). This afternoon, it's been star wars video game bonanza and tonight is barracuda cake (see pic above... Brianne, I need some serious cake decorating lessons... what kid wants a freakin' barracuda cake!!) and games with Dad. Brooke has been a champ going along with whatever Hud wants. I'm sure next year she'll have a little more say in the birthday day... but for now, she's happy with whatever. Brooke and Hudson are so similar. They are both just so sweet can cuddly with the most genuine hearts. Brooke got birthday bangs (to go along with the christmas bang trend). I think they look adorable. She woke up yesterday morning with all her hair plastered to her face with snot, and I'd had enough. She won't keep her barrettes in like Larkin did, so we are trying the bangs. I think they are super cute... although they make her look so much like hudson did at her age (see picture... yeah, that's Hud around 10 months!) that sometime I call her a he instead of she, especially when she's wearing Hudson's old jammies. I hear the thump of feet upstairs... nap time must be over. I'll try to post better pictures tomorrow. It's sad that the one on here is the best I've gotten all day!




2 comments:

Brianne Jensen said...

I personally love the baracuda cake! You did great, and the fact that you made it for him makes it just right! I can't stand that our kids grow too fast. Brooke is adorable with her piggies, kiss them all for us. We miss you guys!

Julie said...

I love the "best picture" all day. Eye's close on one, crying on the other. Classic. Don't hate, but it was 78 today in Santa Cruz. What? Yeah. 7-8 degrees!