Thursday, February 26, 2009
New love for the 'hood
I have to say, getting denied from the Santa Barbara job has really made me take another look at Crozet... you know what, I think I really like it here. Let me just tell you what fantastic neighbors I have. Last wednesday (a LOST night of course) my neighbor surprised me with a warm brownie and ice-cream! That's right! Does it get any better than that? It had been a particularly difficult afternoon and gregor wasn't getting home until late. I was moping in my bed watching TV when she surprised me... seriously, it made my entire week! Then, the next day, my other neighbor randomly brought over a dozen yellow roses. Someone had donated them where she worked and she thought I would like them (for no apparent reason at all!). They are still beautifully blooming on my kitchen table now. I love my neighbors, and I never though I'd say it, but I love living in this little 'hood. So either I have extremely nice and giving neighbors, or I was looking so depressed and haggard last week that the 'hood was joining in on my pity party and trying to pick me up... either way, they care! Thank you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You do have great neighbors, and we miss that little "hood" so much. Ahh.. that story warms my heart, and makes me very homesick.
hugs and kisses to all from us :)
Post a Comment