Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Trees and Snow


















It was a fun filled weekend of decluttering the house, decorating for Christmas, and cutting down our Christmas tree. On top of all that, we had our first snow of the season!! FUN! It didn't actually snow much in Crozet, but Charlottesville and the Blue Ridge Parkway were beautiful and white. Cutting down our tree at Ralph's Tree Farm near the Parkway turned into quite the Griswold experience when we tried to leave and the mighty minivan couldn't make it up the steep road. Instead, we rolling... correct that... slipped backwards down the road with no way out in sight. To make matters worse, other cars (mostly minivans) were having trouble navigating the road, and at one point we had another van slipping perpendicular down the hill straight at us. It was all fine though (after a crazy hour of wondering what to do!) when we found another longer downhill way home... yay. Gregor and I went Christmas shopping while the kids were home with a babysitter (what a luxury.... standing in line for a coffee with no one pulling everything off the shelves, browsing the aisles of a toystore without the "I wants" and "can I haves..."). I think we are going to make the alone shopping a holiday tradition. It's freakin' cold here today. I was hoping not to have to buy a maternity coat this season with only 5.5 weeks to go... but dang if my belly didn't get cold today! I'm going to try and tough it out though.
So it looks like the naming poll is still neck and neck between Cora and Everly... for those of you who didn't vote... please do!! Gregor and I are having so much fun with it!
I am freakishly tired today and can feel myself slowing down. The kids all still have a cold, and I'm just tired of huge, projectile, snot rocket sneezes (seriously, how do kids sneeze like that!) and kids coughing in my face.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ok, apparently, the poll is closed. So, I will leave my remarks as a comment. I vote for Everly! Love it the best...it is beautiful, and if you don't take it, I might for our next. No, the next one is nowhere in sight (or thought, for that matter) ;)