Friday, January 8, 2010

The Belly Bandit!

I'm so excited!! I just got my Belly Bandit in the mail! I've been worried about what's going to happen with my stomach after this little nugget comes out. Apparently I have a herniated something or other now from having so many kids such that my ab muscles are now at split down the middle by at least 3 inches (causing an unsightly pouch vertically down my stomach). The docs tell me that there is really nothing that you can do about it... that my 6 pack (yeah, like I ever had one of those)... but in theory, it would be split down the middle forever. Well, I'm going to fight that! At the recommendation of my sister-in-law, I ordered one of these. As soon as you deliver, you cinch yourself into this sucker for 40 days only taking it off to shower, and it's supposed to help you recover from the super stretched out state. It's supposed to help with stretch marks, back pain, swelling, etc etc etc. If you've had a c-section, it's supposed to really help with the recovery of that too! We'll see... I'll let you know how it works! I went for the bamboo one because it just seemed softer and it got better reviews... and I got black because it seems like the lighter colors would get funky really fast.

3 comments:

Ashley G said...

Hey Kiki! I totally learned about that in school!!! You should go see a physical therapist! Women's health PT's work specifically with diastasis (the opening in your linea alba aka your stomach muscles..haha love the pt talk?) Feel free to call me and ask me anything and if you want I can even ask my teachers on advice. Love you and so excited for the little one to arrive!

Julie said...

Hey Kiki... I had the same thing, plus an umbilica hernia... So I got surgery and our insurance covered it cuz it was out of medical neccesity. The Dr. even took a littl skin out so I didn't have as much loose skin. ;) Check with your normal Dr. post baby.

Kiki said...

Hey Julie!! Good to know, I will def. get it checked out after baby... I'm pretty sure that's what they called mine too!! A little skin taken out would be a nice bonus!
Katie, you can have mine when I'm done.
Ashley, any exercise advise would be great!