










Nellie is 6 days old now and we are adjusting to life with 4 kids (plus a live-in Debi and super-nanny Dani... the cute blond in one of the pictures... we love you Dani and are so grateful for your help! Debi, there is NO WAY we could have done this without you!). Here are a few pictures from the last six days (some of which will probably be on the birth announcements, if I can figure out a time to order them!). Nellie is a little jaundice (note the yellow color of her skin) so we've been making daily trips to the doctor to get her blood drawn and tested... not so fun... but so far so good. She's not in the danger zone quite yet, just the annoyingly high zone. Hudson melts my heart daily with his love and concern for Nellie. He wants to "babysit" and hold her all the time. He is always concerned about her socks, blankets, Binky, hat, etc. He gives her hugs first thing in the morning and is just a total sweetheart with her. He's been through the baby stage enough times that he's a pro at it all. I'm just amazed at the love he pours her way. Brooke is getting used to the whole idea of a baby, but she still wants to sit on my lap when I'm holding Nellie and we all have to keep our eyes on Brooke all the time because she loves to "help" mostly by poking Nellie's eyes or pulling her ears. When we got Nellie out of the car today she had Brooke's shoe on her as well as a star wars man and 2 socks... yes, somehow that all made it into her carseat without any of us noticing. Brooke has also developed this habit of picking at her upper lip... it started at bedtime but now she does it whenever she's feeling a little off. Larkin is interested in Nellie, but loves the attention from Debi and Dani more than anything. She's helpful, but is developing a little bit of a sassy attitude when it comes to helping. I'm getting as much sleep as possible at night, you know, waking up every hour and a half to nurse and change a diaper... but I'm hanging in there. So now we know that it's possible to survive having four kids when you have two extra helpers in the house. Let's see what it's like next week when they leave and Gregor and I are left to it all by ourselves... SCARY... I'm not going to think about that right now. Nellie is an amazing baby. She rarely cries and just seems to adapt to all the situations we've put her in (including carpool, lunches out, the mall, multiple trips to the doctor, etc etc... a lot for a 6 day old!).

4 comments:
I'm just going to print this out and read it when I'm freaking out about what to do with my own 6 day old when it's just us in the house and we don't have to balance anything else--perspective! You're such a rockstar!
Super Kiki! They are all so adorable. You'll be just fine. You're not scaring me off from having a third baby, don't worry! In fact, looking at those adorable newborn pics of sweet Nellie, I am already having baby fever and my baby is only 8 months old! Ack!
Love you guys. Cat
Thanks for the update! You guys are awesome!
http://www.isntlifeterrible.com/uploaded_images/garyshan-706067.jpg
Nellie looks just like gary shandling in picture 3. So adorable.
Post a Comment