She is 7 lbs 9.5 oz. and 19 3/4 inches tall.
Nellie arrived after what I can only call a very calm and relaxing day of labor and a solid 4 pushes. She came so fast that the doctor had to scramble to get his gown and gloves on. She came out with a bit of dark hair and lips just like Gregor. We think she looks a lot like Larkin. We decided to get to know her a bit before settling on her name, but when Gregor and I shared our thoughts, be both looked at her the minute she came out and thought she looked like a Nellie. For all of you that voted, thank you for your help!! I still LOVE the name Everly, but this little girl has the heart of a Nellie.
We have been recovering today at the hospital and so far everything is going well. I am tired and sore, but overall feeling good. Nellie has a little tongue-tie action going on, which is probably going to be clipped in the morning so she has an easier time nursing. She is (so far) a very mellow little girl. I think she's only cried for a total of 5 minutes today. I hope this chill personality is here to stay!
So, after a couple of very long days, we are off to bed! Thank you to everyone for your well-wishes! I wish I could respond to them all but I've been holding the baby most of the day...so here is another thank you to everyone!

7 comments:
Hooray Nellie!!!!!! She's beautiful and we can't wait to see you guys! Love Brandon, Cat, Ronan and Isla
She is beautiful! A quick delivery...what a lucky girl! BT has been asking what is her name, what is her name. Glad that we can finally tell her! Looks like you all will be coming home soon...we know that you have tons of help right now, but let us know if you need anything! We will let you all breathe as a new family...when you are ready for some visitors, let us know. Love, Erin
I love her name and I love seeing how delighted Hudson and Larkin are to meet their new sister. Brooke will join them as soon as she realizes that she has a new best friend. So happy for you and your quite perfect family. Lots of love!
Yay! Congrats to the whole family, and Nellie is gorgeous. :)
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys and I think Nellie is the perfect name! I love it!
Congrats Huddy on being a big brother x3...Congrats Larkin on being a big sister x2 and congrats Brookie for being a brand new big sis!
Hey Kik! I am so happy for you all! She is gorgeous just like your other three children! I miss you guys and hope I get to meet this lil girl soon! Love you all!!!
Oh Happy Baby and Congratulations Happy Family! We're here if you need us and I'll come by in a bit when things settle down to see if the kids would like to come over. Absolutely beautiful pictures- thank you so much for sharing!
Post a Comment