Sunday, February 7, 2010
Another snowed in weekend
That's right, we got another foot of snow this past weekend. Hudson and Larkin were pretty much out of school all of last week (hence no blog postings.... nothing like being thrown into the world of 4 kids with NO SCHOOL... it's like summer without the pool... just plain scary!). I just got an e-mail update that school for both kids is cancelled again tomorrow, and we are expected to get another 1-3 inches of snow on tuesday. Let me guess... school is going to be cancelled on tuesday too? At this rate Hudson is going to be in school until mid July... humm... I wonder if they really do have to make up these days in June. I want to post pictures, but I'm just too lazy to walk downstairs and get the camera and cord.... which reminds me, our camera is still being fixed by the geek squad... should that really take a month? The kids have had fun with this snow though this time. Hudson is finally learning how to play in the snow and will now readily ask to go outside and play. I'm excited that something can distract him from the wii and the computer for an hour! Larkin and Brooke are still stuck on mamma mia. We lost it for a couple of days (not fun... again, another reason for no blog updates!), but we have it again now... thank you thank you thank you. Nellie is still the "angel baby" and was 3 weeks old on friday. After three kids, I do know one thing however about angel babies... you will eventually have to pay your dues at one of the stages. Larkin was an angel baby. She slept in her crib at an early age, slept through the night pretty early, and was generally very agreeable and relaxed. Once she learned to talk and walk however, she became a force to be reckoned with! I struggled and still struggle to find discipline that works on her. She laughed in the face of time-out and would literally put herself in time-out after she hit Hud. It was worth it in her mind I guess. She wasn't attached to any toy enough to change her behaviour with the threat of taking a toy away. This worked on Hudson... just mention taking away his buzz lightyear and he would have perfect behavior. So yeah, you pay for it at some point. With this rationale though, I'm thinking that Brooke will be the most fantastic and pleasant teenager, because I think we having been paying our dues with her for her entire life. She came out crying and really has been challenging ever since. I'm interested to see how Nellie shapes up after a year or so when her little personality starts to emerge. Right now, she is just the cutest little snuggle bunny ever. Yes, I'll try to get pictures on here tomorrow. I'm still amazed at how fast these kids grow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment