
This picture just sums up my last week....
Really?!? Is someone out there testing my postpartum depression capacity... pushing me to the brink? Luckily, I'm still keeping my head above water and hoping this week is a little more sane. The last week was filled with doctor appointments for me, Gregor, Larkin, me, and me again, car maintenance, Gregor's job being "reorganized" in not a great way, talks of long-term birth control, no naps for the girls, paying for preschool, my grandfather in the hospital for a week, windy and cold weather, no sleep, and so many other little things (like the blow-out pictured here!) that I can't even remember them all... in one word... challenging (or just plain shitty).
Larkin's doctor's appointment made me feel like a terrible mom. She had what I thought were just warts on her knee (front and back) and I was going to talk to the doc about them at her 4 yr old checkup in two weeks. BUT when I looked at one of them on thursday it was so GROSS... infected, huge, white... just gross and angry. Yeah, I'm a good mom right! The doctor asks me how long it's been there... I have no idea! I have four kids... I didn't see it the last time I gave her a bath... when was that again... four days ago!! I'm doing the best that I can here. Anyhow, they had to lance it and drain it there in the office with me trying to handle all three other kids while holding larkin down on the table... not so fun. Now she can't take a bath with anyone... only showers for awhile until they heel. She has molluscum contagiosum... now that just sounds gross.
So here's to a better week.
so funny...we are watching Annie right now and singing "the sun will come out tomorrow" ... how fitting is that!

4 comments:
You are kicking ass, Kiki. The sun will come out! It's good you captured a full scale level ten blowout on film. The stuff memories are made of. :) I hope you have a better week coming up. :)
That sucks:(
I'm so sorry.
I am sure the sun will come out:)
Thanks for your honesty...it totally makes me think of a quote I posted as my FB status this week:
"It is a reduction of our humanity to hide from our pain, our own, or others' ... Be open, be available, be exposed, be skinless. Dance around in your bones." Wallace Stegner
Thanks for dancing around in your bones. I want to be more like you:)
Maybe you could get some sort of a nanny or something...my cousin was feeling overwhelmed with her 3 kids and she checked the Craigslist where she lived and found an arrangement where she traded for 15 hours of childcare a week. Even though the girl had to move to go take care of her gma she said that just the time she was there made all the difference in the world and she felt like a real person again. Here's her blog post about that:http://jungleprincess.blogspot.com/2010/02/it-was-good-dream-very-good-dream.html
xoxo
Thanks Cat :) You are so sweet... you are kicking ass too xoxo
Rebecca... I always love your support. I wish you were still close to us. Dancing in your bones... I like that! Great quote. I like the blog link too. I'm going to look on craig's list! Your cousin is too cute! It's not even the kids that I find overwhelming though, it just all the other life stuff. Anyhow, called that place about the jeans. They said no to looking for me over the phone, so if you ever see any there cheap in a 31 or 32 I would LOVE a pair!
You got it! I haven't been by lately but now that I know what to look for I will swing by...we are leaving town tomorrow to go visit family in Colorado so probably next week:)
Post a Comment