I had a tough day yesterday... I don't know why, it was just one of those days (could have been the throbbing, burning, shooting pain in my arm that is apparently a pinched elbow nerve... oh yay). Anyhow, I was putting Larkin and Brooke to bed and their room was a total mess. I start going off on how they need to pick up their toys, get their jammies on, brush teeth, stop jumping on the bed... you know, the nightly bedtime battle... and Larkin looks at me and says,
"Mom, are you mad at me? You are using a really mean voice and not being really nice, and I don't think I did ANYthing? Are you just tired?"
Um.... yeah Larkin, you got it right... I am taking out my pain and tiredness on my not even 4 year old... I am soooooo sorry. I felt SO bad! Bad mommy night. I want a time-out. Good thing I have an old soul daughter to put me in my place! Who's the mom again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh that Larkin, she is an old soul and a sweet one at that. Every Mom has been there (and if not, perhaps they are lying?). If you do go out, I hope you will leave the kids with us. And finally, what an amazing baby Nellie is to come through all of that with a smile!
What a sweet girl. And what a great mom:)
Post a Comment