Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hud catches his first WAVE

We had a great, super busy water filled weekend. We went to the pool for the first time this season with all four kids (SCARY... I have no idea how I'm going to manage that by myself this summer... sure it will work out, but seems crazy right now), had a BBQ with the neighbors, and went to Virginia Beach yesterday with friends. Hudson caught his FIRST WAVE on the boogie board (the video isn't the "official" first wave... but you get the picture). I've never seen Gregor so proud. I think he's been waiting 6 years for this moment.
In other big news, Brooke has decided to potty train herself against all my efforts to keep her in diapers. I know what you're thinking... why in the heck do you want to keep her in diapers! Well, here's the thing... I would much rather change a diaper or two a day for her than find freakin' bathrooms everywhere... and find them fast! I had no luck potty training (or poop training to be more specific) until Hudson and Larkin were 3 at least, so I was all set to wait until Brooke was three. However, Brooke is on her own schedule. Friday, she refused to wear a diaper. When I saw refused... it was a battle like no other. She won. Undies it is. NO ACCIDENTS! I couldn't believe it! I was all set with my extra wipes, 20 changes of clothes etc, and a day full of annoying potty runs. But I was wrong. She went to the potty on her own when she had to. I didn't have to remind her every few minutes... she just did it. I talked with Gregor and we decided to give it a try this weekend since we would be home. Minus a pee here and a hard little turd in the undies there... she has gone number 1 and 2 in the potty like a champ. She is SO proud. I am SO proud. Granted, I don't like the additional potty runs, and the fact that she has to hang on to public toilet seats to go, but I'm getting over it. I'm really pound of her. We did force her to wear a diaper in the car on our roadtrip though... G and I just couldn't take all the pull overs. I think she's liking the control the "I have to potty" card carries. It's funny how fast they learn things like that! So yay Brooke. I'm hoping it lasts.









Look how cute my hubby is here holding Nellie. Everyone was a champ at the beach. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how the day turned out. The kids all played well, rallied with no naps, and had a great time!















4 comments:

Mollie said...

I love Huddy's first wave!!!!!!! Im glad you guys had such a successful beach trip and yay Brooke for potty training!!

Rebecca said...

So cool! And I love all the kids suits...so cute!

Missin you:)

Rebecca said...

Oh YA! And the potty training! That is AWESOME! That's kinda how Talmage was....I was totally dragging my feet on potty training but he was ready and has been SO EASY! In fact he was night trained from day one and Syd still wears Pull-ups at night.

P.S. My word verification is "ameterd" Doesn't that sound like an ameteur terd? Ok, maybe not, maybe it's just late and I'm loopy, but I thought it was FUNNY!

Kiki said...

Rebecca... you just made me laugh so hard I snorted water out of my nose!! LOVE your comments :)