
Not so fun finding this spider crawling out from Nellie's bouncy chair in the kitchen! Is is a black widow?? I'm a little freaked out about that. Gregor's going to get it identified today so we can plan our course of action. I'm not usually that squeamish about bugs (unless I'm home on Hilton Head and I worry about cockroaches falling into my hair while I shower or running across my face while I sleep... both traumatising events of my childhood). Spiders... I'm not all that scared by. We have a rule in this house about not killing anything that you don't eat. This started when Hud was in a torture insects phase. We make exceptions for mosquitoes, ticks, and a few other guys. So usually my days consist of catching spiders and letting them outside... you know... I wouldn't want to have to eat it! Anyhow, this little dude met his death in our house.
The day before the spider incident we found this HUGE moth on the door to the garage! He's (she?) is pretty, so we let him live and hang out for awhile. That's right, beauty can take you far in this world.

2 comments:
I would have killed that spider too. After I woke up from passing out. Needless to say, it looks evil. Bad evil. Spiders are evil. Bad evil. Spawn of the pitches of hell evil. Seriously, I'll cuddle up with a cockroach before I'll mess with a spider. BLEHHHHH!!!!!!!! EVIL!!!! EVIL!!!!! VILE!!!! EVIL!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH EVIL!!!!!
That does not look like a black widow. Or a brown recluse (also very dangerous).
I'm with you Kiki. I don't mind spiders so much...not that I LIKE them in my house but I would WAY rather see a spider than a cockroach. I HATE cockroaches and would rather move to a new house than have cockroaches. NASTY! When we were in your hood we had a brief problem with mice (that darn sack of dog food in a hidden closet that we forgot about!) and I would say that cockroaches are the worst (We had them in our Texas apt) Mice are next, and then, Spiders. Spiders never make me feel like my house is dirty and gross, Roaches and Mice definitely do.
Post a Comment