Friday, June 18, 2010

ugghhh... dogs



Dogs.

I used to love you.

Now, I'm just not so sure.

Yesterday, Brooke (my animal lover) got bitten on the face (lip mostly) by our neighbor's dog. A super nice dog that we've watched many times. This dog went from licking her face and loving her to snapping at her in a nano second. Nice dog gone mad?

They are just so unpredictable. I don't blame the dog. I don't blame Brooke. I'm just over dogs right now. Brooke is going to be fine. She's on super antibiotics and didn't need stitches. Her wound looks worse today...more purple and ugly... but she's fine. Her response to the incident.

"Parker not my favorite. He got mad at me and bit my face. He's not my favorite"

My own dog bit Hudson in the face when he was 8 months old. He wasn't playing in the dog food or doing anything at all. Hud was sitting between my legs while I was slicing cheese (yes I remember it vividly) and my own dog walked into the room, bit him in the forehead, and ran out the back door. He wasn't allowed back in our house after that. It's funny how having kids immediately changes your relationship with your dog. I didn't want it to, but the minute my kid was in danger, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that the dog had to go.
Now I have an 11 year old dog that deep down I really love. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. She's losing bladder control and pees in her sleep. funky smelling pee. I've had to clean our couch and her bed over and over and over again. fun :(
She can't hear... she trips me all the time and sneaks food off of the table. She's like a 5th kid at this point that doesn't listen and needs to be cleaned up after all the time. And we pay more in her vet bills than all the kids' doctor bills put together.
Dogs, I'm just over you right now.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hugs, girl. I hear you. poor Brookie. xo to her.