Monday, June 28, 2010

Nellie's first FOOD!

OH PLEASE MAMA GIVE ME MORE!!





I usually wait until 6 months to give solids, but Nellie was READY TODAY!! For the last week or so, Nellie has been grabbing my food, eyeing everyone that's eating... tracking bags of food with her eyes... salivating over her antibiotics... seriously, this kid cries when the dropper of the pink stuff is gone. I'm thinking maybe just maybe she's ready a little early. The kids and I stocked up at Whole Foods today (organic for baby food just makes sense to me! Man baby food has come a long way even since I had Brooke eating it 2 years ago... there are pouches, squeezy things, frozen options... we got a few of everything to try). I broke out the jar of sweet potatoes and her feet started kicking and she was SO EXCITED! She ate the entire jar and was bummed when there was no more. Success! However, when we all sat down for dinner she was eyeing the cabinet, watching the noodles and DROOLING! Ughhh...now the dreaded spoon feeding, messy, gross baby stage begins... Nellie's going to be caked in food funk all the time...yay, can't wait for the added laundry. Hudson was in charge of the photos and the video (you can see videos using the link on the sidebar... It's Hud's handiwork and it made me a little carsick-ish to watch, but it is cute.



No comments: