Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nice to Meet You!




This past weekend, I finally got to meet Gregor's newly discovered 36 year old sister, Eve! Gregor was just told last year that he has a half sister (his dad's daughter) that grew up an hour away from him and is now a professional viola player in the Berlin orchestra. Gregor met Eve a little while ago for a quick lunch while she was visiting Washington DC, but this is the first time the kids and I have met her. It's so crazy to look at this girl that looks strikingly similar to Gregor and his dad and to really wrap my head around the fact that this is G's sister!! Even though Gregor and Eve haven't know each other all this time, they quickly fell into the ease of conversation that one does with their siblings. We are lucky to finally have Eve in our lives. She seems like a fantastic person. The kids adore her (although Larkin can't remember her name and always calls her "Gregor's sister"). Hopefully we will see more of her in the future, and maybe one day make it to Germany to visit her. This is the best picture I took of Eve with the kids... I should have taken more pictures.

No comments: