Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Whole New World!
































This is the week we've been thinking about all summer long... THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!

Here is the recap:
Larkin

Larkin started at Frost Montessori school last friday. They have this phase in period where she went for 45 minutes last friday, 1.5 hrs this week, and will start the full 3.5 hours next week. I was really worried about her transitioning to this new school given the huge anxiety case she was last year when she started her old preschool. But, alas, all my worries were pointless. She LOVES her teacher (we love you Miss Heather!) and is making new friends (again, she says her favorite friend is Miss Heather). Here is her take on Montessori in her own words:
"Mom, I can't play with the things on the shelf until I've had a LESSON! What's up with that?" (I wish you could hear the tone of voice and the hand gestures that when with that... totally had me laughing)

"Mom, miss heather can't hear you unless you have your hand on her shoulder or her apron."
(I might start using this at home... what a great idea... although I don't know if I want all the kids touching me on the shoulder all the time!)

"Mom, why do they only have one tire swing for all those kids??" (Good point!)
"My favorite things is SCRUBBING!" (I don't know what this is, but she is very enthusiastic about it)
Hudson
My little precious baby boy got on the the huge yellow school but this morning with so much excitement I could help but be so proud of him. I didn't even cry... (I was as proud of myself as I was him truth be told!). He had on his big backpack, held on to his lunch box and marched on that bus like a pro. He is growing up so fast! He worried that he's going to have homework and that he's expected to read his first day... I don't know where he got that from, but hopefully, he's realized today that no one in his class is reading yet! That's what you learn in kindergarten isn't it! I go and meet the bus in 45 minutes and I'm so excited and anxious to see how his first day went!! My little boy....
ps...

In one of the pictures, Hudson and Larkin are wearing their special BACK TO SCHOOL CROWNS that they made themselves... they are so proud. (No I didn't really let them wear the crowns to school... but they wore them all during breakfast and the day before).
pps...
I am officially a soccer mom now. I signed Hudson up for his first team sport... fall soccer!! Oh yeah, I'm going to be out there with all the other moms cheering on my boy... I promise not to get a soccer ball sticker for the car!!
Now Larkin is begging me to sign her up for ballet (although I'm thinking maybe gymnastics) and I might even sign Brooke up for a Little Gym class... what am I getting myself into??!!??
















2 comments:

Ella Grace Campbell said...

Big BIg BIG DAY! WOW! Thanks so much for sharing. Little Gym has a class that is 1/2 gymnastics and 1/2 dance- might be a perfect fit? If I see that sticker...

Enjoy the week!

Catherine said...

Soccer mom!!! What next, a family of stick figures on the back window of your car... you know what that means... LOL kidding!

I can't believe they're so grown up!!