Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sock Wars

Yesterday afternoon was almost the end of my sanity. It was rainy outside... all the kids were being clingy, emotional, and literally bouncing off the walls. I was at my wits end... our playdough was dried up, we couldn't agree on a puzzle or game, so I settled with folding laundry on my bed while the kids bounced away. Three kids bouncing on and off a bed is just asking for trouble especially when one of them thinks he's a Jedi at war with his sith sisters (Star Wars reference for those of you not familiar). So before I knew it, Larkin and Brooke were crying as hudson was entering his bounce/roll around the room crazy man mood. I was on the verge of tears... it was just too much yesterday. So, to release my frustrations and not let the kids see me cry, I started pelting Hudson with balled up socks from the laundry. The kids thought this was hilarious, and even I started to laugh as it turned into an all out sock war. The kids and I had dozens of socks out and were chasing each other around the house throwing socks at each other. Do I get the bad mommy award when I admit that whacking hud with socks made me feel a little better inside?? It was all in fun, and everyone had a blast... That is until Hudson stole Larkin's socks and it ended in tears. But, that got us to dinner time and the rest of the night went a little bit better. It just goes to show that some of the best times are unplanned and happen unexpectedly. The kids are still talking about our sock war today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time put a bar of soap in the sock...that'll show em.

Ella Grace Campbell said...

I love it! Come over here next time, we can swap kids. Chances are if it has been raining all day, we could use something new! Ella is going to Millstone. I wish Larkin was- we could do carpools!

twigs said...

You know, Lucas often plays nunchucks with his socks...

Catherine said...

I love this post. It is amazing how situations can evolve from sad to funny (to back to tears!) all in one afternoon. Sorry you had such a rough day. Thanks for listening to me whine and whine and whine earlier. I know how you have so much going on in your life, so sharing your time with me means so much. Seriously, you are my rock and a total inspiration. (((Hug)))
Cat

Kiki said...

Cat, thank you for your kind kind words... ((hug, hug, hug)) right back at you!