Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Long Help. We miss you already...











So This is it... the real world is settling in around me. My mom flew out yesterday and Supernanny Dani left this morning so that leaves me alone all day until Gregor gets home from work day in and day out with 4 kids. It's safe to say I'm more than a little nervous. I know I can do it (I keep giving myself pep talks) , it just might not be that pretty. I broke out my Moby wrap today at the mall (one of my favorite things from long ago)... somehow after all this time I still remembered how to wrap that thing like a pro. All went well until Brooke and I had to leave the mall to get larkin from school. I didn't allow for enough time to change a blowout infant poo and nurse a starving baby... so Nellie got changed but was not happy for about 30 minutes until she could finally get a little milk. Note to self... plan for the unexpected feed/poop by allowing a little extra time to do all things. We were a little late in picking up Larkin which was painful for the punctual bus driver in me, but in reality I don't think anyone noticed.
Dani, Larkin and Brooke have been missing you all day. I know you are singing the entire mama mia soundtrack in your head right now. The girls and I are watching it again right now as I type this (more on that later...). Mom, hudson misses you so much! He misses his Debi/Nellie time, and even wanted to sleep in your bed last night. Dani, Larkin now refers to the nursery as "Dani's room" ... I wonder how long that will last!
We had a fun weekend with Mikie. Thank you Mikie for driving almost 9 hours to spend pretty much one day with Nellie and the Patsch Family. It really meant the world to me that you came. We all (minus Gregor and Brooke) went to see Avatar last weekend... yes Nellie sat through her first movie... that's one for the baby book! Loved it. Nellie's jaundice levels are finally falling so hopefully yesterday will be her last heel prick for awhile. Yay! Other than that, we are all hanging in there. I'm going to break out the bouncy chairs, baby slings, swing, etc in the hopes of finding some way to orchestrate a smoothly running household with 4 kids under 6.

2 comments:

Brianne Jensen said...

You are amazing! You'll do great, just like every other time you were nervous to bring home a baby and made it look easy. She is a beauty. I wish I could come hold her for hours. I miss you and love you and am so happy for you guys. Congrats!!

Unknown said...

I miss you guys so much! I'm still a little upset that Brooke fell asleep on the way to the airport and I didn't get to say goodbye to her! AND... I don't want to admit it, but I miss hearing, "Good morning sleepy head" in the morning! Love you all and I'll see you in April!

Oh, don't worry, I've already downloaded the Mamma Mia! soundtrack on my iTunes.