



Wow, what a busy few days it's been. Friday marked Hudson's last official day as a Kindergartner!! I can't believe I'm the mom of a FIRST GRADER (that honestly just makes me feel old!). Larkin also had her first day of BALLET! She looked adorable in her little leotard, tights, ballet shoes and bun! I don't think there is a cuter outfit out there for a little girl. I wish I could put that on and look as cute (the thought of myself in a leotard is more than a little scary right now!). It did make me wish I had taken more dance classes as a kid or as an adult really. Gregor and I have talked about taking a dance class together but that's never really panned out.... neither of us are good dancers, but it's one of those skills that seems like it would be nice to have. Maybe one day...
We painted Hud's room Monday night, and I think it looks fantastic. We started with one color, but it was a little too pastel with a little too much purple for Hud's room... I don't know what happened there. I think they may have mixed the wrong color at the store. So, after a late night trip to Lowes, we ended up with a color I LOVE! I think bedrooms should have this darker cave like feel, especially for Hud. Painting was actually really good for me physically I think. It gave me practice using my left hand and my right arm could roll up and down the wall giving me the extension that I can't do on my own... I think my physical therapist would be proud of all that exercise my right shoulder got! I love painting. I used to paint my room all the time as a kid (middle school and high school age.) My mom let me paint it whatever color I wanted, which now as an adult, I really appreciate! I love how a fresh coat of paint can just change the whole feel of a room... it's good mental health for me.
Most importantly... Nellie reached her 5 MONTH mark! (Rebecca, I can't find my cute cards anywhere... sadness... I so want to take a picture of her holding them! I have her 5 month photoshoot planned for today, but who knows if that will happen. For now the cute pictures from the previous post will have to be enough. For my 5 month present, Nellie slept all the way through the night last night... wooo hooo... 6:15 PM to 7:15 AM. I was thrilled with the sleep although my boobs were not as happy... Nellie got a Huge meal when she woke up! Nellie is still such an amazing baby. She's interacting more which means she's staying awake more during the days. She doesn't want to miss out on anything, so she tries to stay awake as long as she can during the day... (probably why she is sleeping well at night). She loves to try to eat my watch and gnaw on my knuckles. She's getting a little more opinionated in terms of what she wants to do. No swing... no bouncy chair unless you give her something really fun to play with... really, she would love to be held all the time... sorry 4th child, that's just not going to happen.
So that's that.

2 comments:
I LOVE Hudson's new room and feel free to send Nellie my way so she can be held constantly (I know, not a good idea, but she is so darn cute I can't help but offer). Ballet seems so Larkin- I bet she was in perfect time.
Sorry...I haven't been doing blogs lately and I just read this! I will email you a copy of those cards so you can print out a new set:)
P.S. love the Birds and Bees post!!! AND can TOTALLY relate to the laundry post...how do you do it with 4 kids?
Post a Comment