Monday, August 17, 2009

My humps... my humps...

Here you go... my lovely lady baby bumps (photo courtesy of Larkin). Yep, that's 17.5 weeks of pure baby (and a few too many bagels and burritos). There's no mistaking it now! The super outie belly button is the dead giveaway in my opinion (that or the much much larger boobs! G informed me this past weekend that my college boobs have returned... woohoo... the moments is fleeting though... I'm sure I'll have nothing left at the end of it all).
I have to say, I'd rather someone say to me, "Wow, I can really tell you're pregnant!" than..."Wow, you can't tell you're pregnant at all!... You're really not showing much!" Seriously people, did you just think I put on these 10 pounds for fun... do I look this pot-bellied on such a normal basis that no one suspected it could be a baby! I have had people start asking me when I'm due though, which is a good milestone to pass... beyond bloated and into cute belly. I'm also feeling good because I finally got my maternity jeans... they are cute and long enough and will be my best friends for the next 6-9 months (yes, I'm already planning on wearing them for a few months after birth... and maybe forever... I'm not sure how the body will bounce back after number 4). I still haven't felt the baby move very much, but my focus has been on the three I have running around and not so much the one just chilling' in my belly... that's what I'm telling myself so I don't freak myself out everyday that the baby isn't moving. I remember with Hudson in the womb I would sit there with my at home Doppler monitor counting his heartbeats before I went to bed...playing classical music into my belly.... yeah, that just doesn't happen the fourth time around. This one's just lucky to make it into the doctor every month for my prenatal appointments!

2 comments:

Ella Grace Campbell said...

You are so funny- and very entertaining! You definitely look pregnant and I love the posts from Hudson and Larkin's perspective.

Sara said...

Yay for the bump! I still ask myself every time I look in the mirror, "fat or pregnant?" Getting closer to pregnant though!