
Brooke had her first food this morning. After weeks of begging me for food, I finally gave in and let her have a bite of cereal with pears. Thanks Auntie Cat for the fantastic Happy Baby Cereals. These Happy Bellies cereals are all organic and have probiotics in them for the little tummies. Cat loves their frozen baby foods as well, but I've been unsuccessful in finding them in stores around here. I checked it out on the website though, and it looks fantastic. The website says they sell the frozen food at Target, but I sure didn't see it. Anyhow, Brooke seems to prefer bagels and teething biscuits to the cereal goop I gave her this morning, but all-in-all I think it was a success. She Loved the spoon and the attention. It's so funny... with Hudson, I couldn't wait to start him on food. It seems like such a fun step for a baby. Now that I am on to the third baby, I was just dreading the "mush food" stage. It's messy! They get that food everywhere and it stains. I think babies go around with baby food goop in their hair and in the creases of their neck everyday for months while they are eating cereals and pureed fruits and veggies. The poop gets stinky. You have to start toting food and spoons around everywhere not to mention the bibs and more wipes. You have to sit there and spoon them food for what feels like forever. And, the grocery bill goes up. It is cute though to watch their faces as they experience the new flavors and textures. I love how they wrinkle their nose like the taste is really gross, but then beg for more and more until they finally smile with delight at the new taste. I'm hating my high chair right now. Brooke can sit in it yet without falling over (I can't wait for the sitting stage!). I'm noticing the food funk in the crevices from the two previous kids and the wooden tray is a pain to clean. They've come out with so many better high chairs these days!

No comments:
Post a Comment